International students aspiring to study in the USA are looking for a return on investment (ROI) and want to know what courses will help them to earn a higher average salary than others.
Information Technology skills are definitely in demand in the United states and are core technical skills.
Skill gaps are definitely impacting the Information Technology industry. Hiring managers are struggling to fill in the job roles. It is no surprise that Computer Science is among the top courses in the USA. Graduates working in IT have consistently high rates of pay, as well as lots of job opportunities, both in the USA and worldwide. If you are considering a career path or looking for IT courses that will be in demand in the United states these are the areas of study to consider.
- Cloud Computing
According to Gartner: The worldwide public cloud services market is projected to grow 17 percent in 2020 to total $266.9 billion, up from $227 billion in 2019. As per Gartner, there will be no vendor or service provider whose business model offerings and revenue growth are not influenced by increasing adoption of cloud. Given the explosive growth in this field and ability of the cloud to leverage technologies such as IOT ( internet of things) and artificial intelligence (AI) , software engineers will do well to develop their knowledge and skills in cloud computing.
- Cybersecurity: There is too much at stake when it comes to data and data management and when cyber-attacks are increasing in sophistication and frequency, there is a need for specialists to support this important function.
- Analytics and Data management: As organisation and businesses become more data driven, analytics is becoming a key for driving decisions and strategizing for growth.
- Project Management
- Application Development Program
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Service desk and tech support
- Systems and enterprise architecture
- Networking and wireless
In addition to the above, Information technology skills, soft skills such as problem solving, communication, creativity are also in demand. Students pursuing careers in software engineering, Computing, Data Science, mathematics and allied areas will do well to focus on developing their soft skills. This will ensure that their average salaries continue to rise in line with the market.
Please contact our relationships team for more information. Check out also, why study in USA.