Students traveling to Study in US, will benefit greatly from knowing the climate and weather conditions of US
The overall climate in the United States of America (USA) is temperate, with notable exceptions. Alaska has an Arctic tundra climate, while Hawaii and South Florida have a tropical climate. The Great Plains are dry, flat and grassy, turning into arid desert in the far West. The climate is Mediterranean along the Californian coast.
- Summers are hot and humid in the plains and southern states, while the southwest is very hot and quite dry
- In the Pacific Northwest and New England states, summers are warm with cool mornings and pleasant evenings.
- Winters in the southern states are mild, while in other parts of the US, the conditions are often quite cold with heavy snow and sub-freezing temperatures.
- Temperature varies between +33 degrees to -20 degrees (in Celsius) so check out the climatic conditions in your city of Study before you pack your bags and essentials.
- For cold winter conditions it is advisable to buy warm clothing locally rather than carry from your home country.
Contact our expert relationships team and they will be able to guide you with more information that around our pre- departure sessions.