New Zealand is known for its reputed universities, quality of education, high quality of life, diverse communities, vibrant cities, stunning natural scenery and an unbeatable range of outdoor pursuits. There are eight universities in New Zealand, all of which feature in the QS World University Rankings® 2019.
- University of Auckland:The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s largest and highest-ranked university.Its located in New Zealand’s largest city namely Auckland, which also acts as an urban center for New Zealand. Currently, it ranks 85th in the world, according to the QS World University Rankings 2019. Moreover, the university is made up of eight faculties and six campuses, and currently has more than 40,000 students.
- University of Canterbury: The University of Canterbury in New Zealand's second-oldest university after the University of Otago and located on the South Island, in the largest city of Christchurch. The university now operates its main campus in the Christchurch suburb of Ilam and offers degrees in Arts, Commerce, Education (physical education), Engineering, Fine Arts, Forestry, Health Sciences, Law, Music, Social Work, Speech and Language Pathology, Science, Sports Coaching and Teaching.
- University of Otago: University of Otago is the oldest higher education institution in New Zealand and was established in 1869. It is New Zealand’s second entry in the QS World University Rankings 2019, ranked joint 175th in the world. The University of Otago is a collegiate university based in Dunedin, which is the second-largest city on the South Island of New Zealand.
- Victoria University of Wellington: New Zealand’s third entrant in the QS World University Rankings 2019, Victoria University of Wellington is ranked joint 221st globally. It was established in 1897 as a constituent college of the University of New Zealand and became an independent institution in 1961. The university is well known for its programs in law, the humanities, and some scientific disciplines, and offers a broad range of other courses as well.
- The University of Waikato: The University of Waikato ranks 266th in the world according to the QS World University Rankings 2020. It’s one of the younger top universities in New Zealand, founded in 1964, and is located in the cities of Hamilton and Tauranga on the North Island. The University of Waikato is known for its excellence in education and research. The university offers numerous study options across its eleven faculties and schools.
- Massey University: Massey University is a university-based in Palmerston North, New Zealand, with significant campuses in Albany and Wellington. Massey University is the only university in New Zealand offering degrees in aviation, dispute resolution, veterinary medicine, and nanoscience.
- Lincoln University Canterbury: Lincoln University is one of the leading higher education institutions in New Zealand, specializing in land use and management. It remains the smallest university in New Zealand and one of the 8 government universities
- Auckland University of Technology: Auckland University of Technology was founded on 1 January 2000 when a former technical college was granted university status. The university has three campuses, with City campus being the largest in central Auckland. The two other campuses, South and North, are accessible via a shuttle bus.AUT is ranked as the best university in New Zealand for global research impact and is also one of the top 60 young universities worldwide. The AUT Business School has been recognized as one of the top business schools in the world by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International.
Scholarships for International students in New Zeland
New Zealand offers a number of government-funded scholarships both for undergraduate and postgraduate study. Few of the New Zealand scholarships are listed here:
- New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
- CCSE Graduate Scholarship New Zealand ASEAN Scholar Awards
- New Zealand Pacific Scholarships
- BrokerFish International student scholarship.
- NCEA scholarship(New Zealand Excellence Awards)-It is the scholarship offered for Indian students jointly by ENZ and 8 NZ universities.
University scholarships are available for specific courses, countries, etc, some of which are based on first-come-first-served basis. Connect with our relationship teams as they have the expertise to map you to the best institution based on your profile and interests.