Top Universities in France
According to Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings 2020, 38 universities in France are counted among the top universities around the world for higher education. Among the french universities, the ranking includes 9 institutions in Paris which is the most preferred city and the rest scattered across the country. Universities in Paris take the top 5 spots. Some institutions in Lyon, Marseilles, and Toulouse also feature in the list of top 10.
Some of the top French universities preferred by international students are as follows :
- Paris Sciences et Lettres (PSL Research University Paris)
- Formed of 25 research and higher education institutions and 3 national research institutions in Paris. As many as 26 Nobel prizes in physics, physiology, chemistry, medicine, literature, and economics have been awarded to research students from this university.
- Sorbonne University
- Established in 2018, it is a public research university located in Paris. It has 3 departments namely, science, medicine, and humanities. It has a number of campuses in Paris with a satellite campus located in Abu Dhabi.
- École Polytechnique
- This university's focus area is science and technology. It has a motto of “For the Homeland, Science, and Glory”. Based in the suburb of Palaiseau, it has less than 3,000 students
- The University of Paris
- Established in 2019, it is a new entry into the 2020 World University Rankings. It has 14 campuses. It provides courses in various fields like medicine, nursing, dentistry, computer science, arts & humanities, languages, social science, economics, science, and technology
- Télécom Paris
- This university is a new addition in the 2020 World University rankings. It has 4 departments, namely, electronics and communications, computer science and networking, economics and social sciences and signal and image processing.
Some of the other well known french universities/colleges known for their great higher education are INSEAD, HEC Paris, University of Paris, University of Strasbourg, École Normale Supérieure.