Popular Courses in the US
The USA has always been a top study destination for International students. Students around the world who wish to study abroad look at the United States as their country of choice for higher education - for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
According to Forbes, emerging sectors of the US, in terms of revenue growth are services that support mining and oil or gas extraction represent the fastest-growing industry in the U.S. Building finishing contractors, architectural and engineering firms have great potential in the coming years . In addition, service sectors in healthcare are also poised for growth. Here is a broad overview of top courses among international students for higher education in the United States.
- Medicine and Nursing courses have been popular with international students that study abroad in the USA for the research facilities and clinical experience US colleges and universities provide.
- Liberal arts majors offer a wide variety of choices that may cover Psychology, History, Philosophy, Languages, Literature, Art History and more. Liberal arts courses are ideal for students who are looking to develop their language skills and want to keep their options broad before deciding on a major. The Liberal arts program allows for the opportunity to tailor your program as you go and develop a course suited to your interest.
- Like Liberal Arts, Social Sciences also covers a number of different subjects including Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Political Science and Sociology. Social Sciences are focused on studying society and the world around us from a scientific perspective.
- Courses in Visual and Applied Arts include Music, Theatre, Media, Architecture & Design, Art & Film are also very popular in providing students world class exposure and experience in these subjects. Courses in these subjects are very popular as they can help graduates get into satisfying careers in the arts, as well as a wide range of other jobs with the transferable skills that they offer.
- Computer Science is also among the top courses in the USA. Graduates working in IT have consistently high rates of pay, as well as lots of job opportunities, both in the USA and worldwide. The part-time job opportunities also provide ample room for the students to learn on the job while they study. Courses in Computer Science are particularly popular with many students from India, Nepal, China, Iran & Turkey. With construction as a key emerging sector, electrical engineering, civil engineering and mechanical engineering are also very popular.
It is no surprise that Business Administration & Management is still among the top fields of study in USA amongst international students.
Which studies are worth considering?
Universities in the USA have a comparative advantage in the following areas of study:
- Business and Management
- Social sciences including humanities, liberal arts, design
- Nursing healthcare, medicine
- Economics and Finance
- Media and Communications
- Law and International Relations
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) courses
To get more information on Course details, please connect with our Relationships team.
Article is closed for comments.