Education System of France
- Education is mandatory for all children residing in France in the age group of 6-16yrs.
- The French education system is majorly divided into the primary level (école), an elementary or middle school (collège) and high school (lycée).
- Some students might choose between studying for a baccalauréat technologique which prepares them for professional higher studies, or abaccalauréat Professionnel that prepares them to get into the job market immediately through vocational training.
- There are two kinds of universities in France, namely public universities for which any baccalauréat is sufficient, and grandes écoles which mostly sets high standards.
- There are about 100 universities in France, Five of which are Catholic universities, some of which award degrees and diplomas
- Universities award three types of degrees - Licence (UG), Masters (PG) and Doctorate (Ph.D.).