French economy comprises knowledge intensive services with Banking, Energy, Tourism,
Telecommunications, Transport and Health contributing toward almost 80% of GDP. Manufacturing and Agriculture account for the remaining 20% and maintain their balance of payments and trade accounts at a desirable level.
France functions as the primary hub for Space Research and Development, which in return has led to a series of emerging sectors in the nation. Back in 2013, Aeronautics related services created about 5000 jobs and helped in increasing trade by 20% .
The Health and Technology industry is also flourishing too with the Pharmaceuticals section realising a turnover of 50 billion Euros. Increasingly French firms are also putting in funds for research into Biotechnology and Stem Cells.
Energy in France is one of the most efficient sectors driven by Nuclear Energy with firms also developing themselves in areas like Geothermal, Solar and Wind Energy.
It is interesting to note that the private sector advocates links with the Government as a support mechanism to assist with adapting to changing circumstances and contingencies in the country. While the financial crisis has had a great impact on the investment, France's decision to stimulate the economy through a £26 billion stimulus package utilized towards infrastructure projects has helped in achieving some success in reducing the unemployment rates and at the same time driven some investment into the economy.